Page & Jones was founded by Mr. John Jones and Mr. Arthur Page in 1892, originally providing import and export forwarding services and ship agency. In addition, the company operated its own vessels for the War Shipping Administration prior to the Great Depression. Mr. John Jones held Customs Brokers License No. 10, issued in 1910 along with the first group ever issued under the law.
In the early 1950's, the company was purchased by three of its employees, James Lee, Rufus Lee, and Frank Jones, a nephew of its founder. At that time, the company was incorporated as "Page & Jones, Inc.", as it remains to this date. Page & Jones, Inc. also remains a privately held corporation, with headquarters located in Mobile, Alabama.
Operations have expanded beyond Mobile over the past 20 years to accommodate customers at multiple ports and inland cities, and to meet the new demands of transportation. Page & Jones, Inc. currently operates 12 branch offices throughout 6 states and holds corporate licenses from the U.S. Customs and the Federal Maritime Commission.